About GMEX Group
GMEX Group is a set of companies that offer sustainable and innovative solutions for the new era of global financial markets through a partnership driven approach, encompassing:
- Creation and operation of cost effective electronic exchanges in equities, debt, FX, derivatives and commodities in both developing and developed markets
- Interconnectivity of exchanges creating a global network of liquidity
- Business development to enhance liquidity in partner exchange products
- Consultancy on exchange business & technology strategy, product development, clearing & settlement and regulation
- Provision of exchange, clearing house, depository, registry and warehouse receipts platform technology
- Selective seed and early stage strategic investment into market infrastructure and related fintech companies
About GMEX Technologies
GMEX Technologies is a provider of multi-asset exchange and post trade technology covering all the market infrastructure value chain. This includes a FCA and CFTC vetted high performance exchange trading system, as well as a leading edge matching engine, market surveillance system, several front end trading platform options as well as clearing house systems, depository and registry systems in addition to a warehouse receipts platform.
||Hirander Misra – Co-Founding Group Chairman & CEO
Hirander is a Co-founder of the Group and also Chairman of GMEX Technologies. He is also Chairman of Forum Trading Solutions and Managing Director of Misra Ventures, a consultancy providing specialist senior level advisory services and helping firms deliver change in market structure, trading and regulatory compliance.
Previously, he was the co-founder and Chief Operating Officer of Chi-X Europe Limited, instrumental in taking the company from concept to successful launch. At the time of his departure in February 2010, Chi-X Europe was the second largest equities trading venue in Europe, just behind the LSE Group and was subsequently sold to BATS Global Markets in November 2011 for US$365m.
||Tony Harrop – Co-Founding Group CIO & CEO of GMEX Tech
Tony is is a Co-founder of the Group and also Director of GMEX Technologies. He is also Managing Director of advanced trading technology firm Forum Trading Solutions. Tony was formerly CTO of PLUS Markets Group and led their strategic initiative to realign the technology team and build a ‘Next Generation’ stock exchange. Prior to this, in 2007 as CTO, he created and launched LiquidityHub a Fixed Income platform to serve the Interest Rate Swaps market. As Business Solutions Director at Evolution Consulting (2000-2007), he built a successful financial services consultancy with over 100 staff and their own software product.