GMEX Innovation brings strategic vision to projects, delivering technological, business, and product innovation; integrating all three in order to deliver cohesive market solutions.
Our experienced R & D teams leverage the latest methodologies and technologies ensuring the best use of the most appropriate technology for the project including hardware, infrastructure, and software components.
GMEX Innovation technology stack and data model are built, with an agile and customisable approach allowing them to be genuinely multi-asset class.
Some of the key advantages of our systems include:
- Superior performance by delivering higher performance than all other competitors for trading and post-trading systems.
- Significantly shorter development, testing and release cycles than our competitors given our comprehensive yet agile development framework; resulting in reduction of delivery risk and a faster time to market as well as the ability to easily add new functionality.
- No third-party licenses (i.e. no database licenses such as Oracle or Microsoft operating systems); resulting in large cost savings and easier support than equivalent competitor platforms.
- Substantially cheaper hardware footprint than equivalent competitor platforms
This flexible approach allows us to not only provide core trading technology but also control systems for a Recognised Investment Exchange. We deliver a range of technically advanced and market leading initiatives in trading, clearing & settlement as well as regulation & compliance.
Our solutions are designed from a clean start point and as such have not had to code around an existing legacy set of code. Our mission is to harness the best technology improvements from other domains and incorporate them into our own software. Our core code is performance optimised ensuring it can run on a very small server footprint, allowing for further reduction to hardware, network infrastructure and hosting costs. In addition, since our technology stack is based on open-source components, we effectively eliminate the high costs of third party licensing fees.
We have a proven reputation for delivery and reliability. We follow an agile process with all builds undergoing continuous automated integration testing on a dedicated build server. The iterative process involves frequent releases to a system test environment where both White box and Black box testing techniques are used to assure quality before progression to the pre-production servers. Design decisions such as security are validated via periodic external review.
- The index engine servers and the production of live indices for GMEX have been live since 2nd January 2014 with 100% up-time
- The Global Reporting Company platform has been live since 14th February 2014 with 100% up-time
At GMEX Innovation, we see technology as an enabler for establishing new opportunities. Our various engagements across the globe are the results of defining new initiatives for exchanges—including products that were not previously available—and unlocking value across a full range of asset classes.
To achieve this we continually push the boundaries on centralised technologies in the electronic exchange, ‘Hybrid’ voice-brokered market and associated post trade domain, as well as delivery of distributed ledger technolo