GMEX’s Technology stack is based on: Java, JSF web-based GUIs, Low Latency Bus Architecture, FIX Messaging, Data Feeds, open-source database (PostgreSQL) & Linux (Centos) operating systems.
Experience in trading applications or financial services is a bonus.
Key skills are Unix and database SQL.
1. Job purpose
To administer and support GMEX’s trading platforms so that a continuous and reliable operation is provided to the business.
To operate a service desk and monitor alerts, and escalate where necessary to the appropriate department.
2. Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Reference Data Maintenance
- Static data configuration for systems maintained and hosted by GMEX.
- Configuration of the ForumMatch/ForumDetect/ForumReports systems and GMEX’s member-facing test environments. All users to be maintained within all environments.
- Systems Monitoring
- Technical monitoring of all GMEX infrastructure.
- Monitor connectivity of participants. Ensure Regulation Team are made aware of key participant status.
- Ensure email alerts are investigated and forwarded to the appropriate Department within GMEX.
- Incident Management
- Operate the GMEX service desk. Management of incidents and problems originating from the GMEX service desk. Liaising with external supplier services desks.
- Check daily the 3rd party trade feeds. All non-transmitted trades to be investigated.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of Market Operations processes, and help improve operational efficiency.
- Client Onboarding
- Liaison with any 3rd parties who are connecting to the GMEX systems.
- Internal Development
- Participation in design and subsequent test of applications used by Market Operations.
- Internal IT
• Assist with the administration of GMEX internal systems.
• Provide assistance to GMEX staff where internal system issues arise.
- Other Duties
• Provide assistance/support to other team members where necessary.
• Help build team culture with focus on customer-service, delivery, quality and knowledge-sharing.
• Flexibility of working hours to coincide with market hours and project deadlines.
3. Key skills
- Comfortable communicating with clients by phone, email and in person.
- Database reporting/querying (Postgres preferred).
- Awareness of regulations and security controls.
- Familiarity with behaviour of financial instruments (e.g. equities, derivatives, commodities).
- System monitoring (Zabbix, ASDM).
- Operating system administration.
- Command line Linux (Centos).
- Query investigation and root cause analysis.
- Documentation/knowledge management.
About GMEX Group Limited
GMEX is a global market infrastructure vendor providing multi-asset trading, exchange matching engine and post-trade business technology solutions centred around a core “Hub & Spoke” proposition:
GMEX MultiHub Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS): A cloud based digital ‘multi-asset network of networks’ trading and post trade digital market infrastructure platform, with API’s to interconnect and enable 3rd party services for multiple financial participants across traditional and digital asset markets.
GMEX Fusion (Software and SaaS): A hybrid (traditional and digital) exchange and post trade technology software product suite to enable 3rd party financial venue “spoke” nodes into the MultiHub PaaS cloud.
Our MultiHub PaaS + Fusion SaaS = Ecosystem-as-a-Service (EsaaS) enables us to digitally transform global financial markets with a focus on technology and interconnectivity.
Using two proven engagement mechanisms, we enable our clients to use technology to achieve their commercial goals:
Market Advancement Programme (MAP), delivering multi-asset exchange and post-trade enablement with an optimal combination of traditional and digital market infrastructure technology and services.
Partnership-driven approach, we do not just sell technology, rather we use a combination of fintech, business and investment solutions empowering partnerships and ventures.